Thursday 2 April 2015

The most dramatic cricket game ever !


As I watched closely my heart was beating fast as I watched the Black Caps play. They beat South Africa in the quarter finals. It was so intense because it was the first time ever in Cricket history that New Zealand made it into the Finals. Everyone quickly booked tickets to their show and it became big news in New Zealand. People wore black at work places and schools. Some put flags on their car and also they use the #Backtheblackcaps hashtag. There were so many ways to support the Black Caps.

They played Australia in the final and this was the most important game ever. The main question was, "Is New Zealand going to bring home the Cricket world cup trophy?"  When watching the game the whole stadium was full. It was held in Melbourne, Australia. I watched very closely as the Australian person under armed the ball to the Black Caps. They hit the ball and the crowd went wild !

After a very long time of Batting the New Zealand got a total score of 185 runs. Could Australia beat the score. Hopefully not. Watching closely as Australia played I hoped that the go really bad so New Zealand can win. But by Half time I didn’t as much confident I had. It was so close. Still hoping that Australia went bad. But when It was the last minute I hoped that the person from the Australian team missed the ball and New Zealand would win but hard luck Australia hit the ball and won the game. Thinking how would New Zealand react to this loss ? Would they hate the Black Caps ? Would they still be happy ? I don’t know.

But as most people say New Zealand has a kind heart and was still happy no matter what happens :D You should be happy too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment