Monday 26 August 2013

Cross Country.



On Thursday 22 of August Pt England school had cross country. Cross Country is where you run around the field and see who comes first. It’s a race. First up was the 5 year old boys. They went around the school field and around half of the reserve. It is so tiring and long. It was very sunny and I was bored waiting for my turn. My group was the third to last group to run. My group was the Nine year old girls Because we go by ages and our genders. Everyone was so bored but we were still a little energetic to cheer. We had house colours like Green was Mataatua, Yellow was Takitimu, Blue was Tainui and last of all Red was Te Aroha. I was in Mataatua Green.

Mr Burt was telling the little boys were to run and how to start. He said “On your marks get set GO !!!” The school started cheering for their house colours and the crowd went wild and my knees were hurting because of the courts. I was cheering so loud. I was nervous and scared and I just wanted it to be over with. My Dad always told me to Jog in the first bit and then sprint.

After 9 races it was finally the nine year old girls turn was up. I looked on the field it was full of mud. It looked like I was going to run and have fun. Mr Burt started off by saying “ On your marks get set GO !! Again the crowd went wild and I was sprinting my hardest I was so nervous that I forgot to jog first. There was this Girl who was coming fist because she came first last year in 2012. She was in Te Aroha red. I wasn't very happy with that so I sprinted as fast as I could but I still couldn't beat her she was very hard to beat. So I started to jog even though I wasn't half way. We had to go around the school field, through the past the boys who were showing the way and around the whole massive reserve.


Round we went through the muddy puddles that was actually fun. There were massive puddles of water. I wish I could go through them but I couldn’t. I ran with my friend Antonia. She would mostly come first or second. But she told me she wasn't going to come first this year. So we went past Mr Barks encouraging us in a funny way. We sprinted past him through the playground and in the finish line. I was so glad it was over. “Yay” I cheered. I enjoyed my run and then it was time for the 10 year old boys and girls. It was very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment